THE TDS SYSTEM FEATURES
The purpose of the TDS is to standardize and upgrade the quality of UT boiler inspections that are performed by various NDT labs. The software can be installed at the mill site to be used by the mill engineer for maintenance and budget planning between shutdowns.
The reporting system offers the following features:
* Input and analysis of historical UT data
* On-site data analysis during the inspection
* On-site auditing of NDT technician certification
* Compatibile with most data loggers used by NDT labs
* Creates a checks-and-balance system that qualifies the data
* Maintains a library of your UT data on our mass storage device
* Generates color coded report which enables easy evaluation of the UT data. When a boiler tube becomes thinner, the colors become darker.
* The TDS is a user friendly environment that allows access to thousands of separate files or UT data points without having to know the files names. The mill engineer can interact with the TDS using boiler terms, not computer terms.
* The UT readings are displayed: Left, Center and Right positions on the tube.
* Each UT reading is assigned a thickness legend letter in order to get all of the data on one print.
* The color imaging print is known as the Static Image and reflects true wear patterns and or erroneous data.
* Each UT reading is assigned a color which reveals itís relation to the minimum allowable thickness value. The darker the color of the reading, the closer it is to the minimum allowable value. Any UT reading at or below minimum value is red.
* The distribution box on each print gives a concise summary of the number of UT reading at different thickness values.
* The Inspection orientation drawings that reflect where the data was collected are custom designed for each boiler section.
* Technician accountability is achieved by tracking which technician inspected each test band. The test band name has a letter to the left of it which corresponds to a technician list at the top of the report.
* Static Images graphically represent each boiler section. The darker the colors, the closer the reading is to the minimum allowable thickness.
Other specialized features include:
- UT inspection elevation line graphs from Static Image
- Distribution of wear pattern
- Recovery Boiler Near Drum Inspection report
- Mud Drum Macro Screen
- 3-D Tube Screen
- Isometric Screen
- C-Scan Screen
- Wear area Distribution Screen
- Least squares Screen
- Micro Trend Information
- Rate Images from Micro Trend Plots
- Statistics per test band (lowest and highest reading and rate-of- change)
- Future Image on screen
- Static Image of Future Data print